Hermès (www.Hermes.com) was founded originally in 1837 and has become over time among one of world renown and finest luxury fashion house. Les 10 "métiers" of Hermes are Leather Goods-Saddlery, Jewellery, Silk & Textiles, Women’s Ready-to-Wear, Men’s Ready-to-Wear, Perfumes, Watches, Homeware, Horizons, Petit h.
Hermès Parfums, artisanal perfumery between art and craftsmanship (exclusive fragrances (core line), limited editions and selective distribution) is famous for having created several successful prestige perfumes such as Garden collection, Terre d’Hermès, Hermessence, Jour d’Hermès, Le Jardin de Mr Li. Its portfolio also includes a Home Fragrance line and a Bath & Body line and a high-end make-up line will be launched in 2020.
Hermès Parfums in Asia is growing at a double digit growth and over performing the Asian fragrance market. To support their growth, they are currently searching for a high caliber candidate for the position of Area Manager with a geographical focus on Korea, Thailand and Taiwan.
Reporting to the Regional Director APAC, you are responsible for developing and strengthening Hermes Parfums portfolio sales revenue as well as the brand equity (market share, number of POS, product mix, positioning) to meet the budgeted objectives as well anticipating and preparing the ground ( strategy, action plan..) to allow optimal launch of the make up line in 2020 in terms for domestic and travel retail channels.
You are looking after multiple sales channels :
- Travel retail, represents 60% of sales and growing quickly through direct distribution with operators & Inflights.
- Domestic, represents 40% through direct distribution with Hermes boutique (23 POS), wholesale distribution (exclusive distributor, department stores, specialized beauty chains (15 POS), Travel Retail (60 POS) and hospitality amenities.
Your key duties are:
• Ensure the effective and timely implementation of all commercial aspects (sales conditions, assortment, prices, product launches, promotions, inventory level, sales budget, forecasts, A&P support):
- Key Retailers: first, build relations with distributors and key retail accounts to primarily increase retail performance at current POS and optimizing branding and meeting global brand guidelines. Second, identify new business opportunities for new doors (shop in shop, stand alone, wall, counters) and launch the domestic channel in Taiwan by partnering with an external distributor.
- Hermes Boutiques network: maximize Hermes Parfums via effective category management and sales incentive scheme implementation
- Travel Retail: improve Hermes space and position and manage effectively the pool of Beauty Advisors.
• Plan, forecast, execute all product launches, seasonal demands and promotional plans via a solid field presence.
• Coordinate with the regional sales administration support team to ensure timely order processing and accounts receivable management.
• Monitor and prepare activity reports (budgeting, monthly sales outlook, stocks levels, markets reports studies on market evolution and competition activities) to assist management in taking corrective actions when needed to meet budgets and objectives.
• Recruit, train, coach and motivate 12 Beauty Advisors based in airports.
Function skills : sales ( sales to key accounts - sales to travel retail - export sales to agent / importer / distributor )
Product skills : beauty ( perfume - make up )
Product category : Middle-market / High-end
Business sectors : manufacturer ( beauty - fashion, textile & apparel )
• Minimum 8 years working experience including at least 5 years in sales related functions in the premium or luxury goods sector (ideally perfumes & cosmetics, make-up, fashion accessories, wines and spirits…)
• Solid regional Asia experience, ideally covering one of the following markets: Korea, Thailand, Taiwan.
• Experience in Travel retail is a strong plus but not a must.
• Natural agility and flexibility in working on multiple channels with both a distributorship (wholesale) and direct retail business approaches.
• Hands on approach on how to develop sell-in and more importantly optimize sell-out by bringing a retail excellence culture and strong acumen on brand building and equity.
• Solid communication and presentation skills to drive and influence multi-party relationships (distributors, key accounts, etc.)
• Naturally highly organised, details minded and sales driven combined with solid negotiation and key account management skills.
• Enjoy working with a compact international team where values such as respect for others, true team player, genuine passion for luxury, entrepreneur mindset.
• Fluent in English. Korean and/or French is a plus.
• Travel 40%
Experience years : 5 to 10
Language skills : english (business proficient)