Puig is a third-generation family-owned fashion and fragrance business based in Barcelona. Puig creates distinctive brands and fragrance experiences that make people dream. The company’s ambition is to define the future of the fragrance category and capture a disproportionate share of innovation and growth.
The company’s strong performance has resulted in substantial growth and revenues of €1,935 million in 2017. Puig success stories include a combination of owned brands such as Carolina Herrera, Nina Ricci, Paco Rabanne, Jean Paul Gaultier, Penhaligon’s and L’Artisan Parfumeur; licenses such as Prada, Christian Louboutin and Comme des Garçons; and Lifestyle fragrances. Puig products are sold in more than 150 countries.
Puig believes that travel retail and the Asian market will be the main drivers of sales in selective fragrances over the next ten years and it is expected to grow at twice the rate of the sector as a whole.
Further to an internal promotion, Puig is searching for a high calibre candidate for the now vacant strategic role of General Manager Travel Retail APAC to be based at their regional office in Singapore.
Reporting directly to VP Asia (based in Singapore) and functionally to the global head of Travel Retail you are leading a team strong of 11 people including 6 direct reports in Commercial, Customer Development and Marketing functions. You are in charge of the entire brands’ portfolio including Penhaligon’s (excluding sell-out and field management that falls under the Penhaligon’s retail team). You look after the entire APAC region including Greater India and the Pacific Islands.
Focusing primarily on brand building, accelerating retail excellence through the incorporation of shoppers’ insights (especially PRC travellers), omni-channel strategy and field team engagement, you are ultimately responsible for achieving the annual and 2020 plan goals (Net Revenue, Profitability and Value Market Share), whilst helping the VP Asia to fine tune the ambitions for the 2025 plan.
Your duties are:
PLANNING & EXECUTION
- Identify areas for business expansion in the channel in coherence with the overall Asia Pacific strategy through close cooperation with the relevant domestic markets (especially China, South Korea, Australia and India) in accordance to the nationalities of the shoppers mix in the key locations.
- Strengthen our business relationships with TR/KA accounts, define client strategy and lead top negotiations with Commercial team.
- Partner with Retail and Marketing to
* Drive the planning of all marketing initiatives, with a strong shopper/digital focus, to engage travellers through omni-channel platforms
* Drive shopper-facing initiatives including assortment, TR-exclusive development, visual merchandising and promotional support
* Develop trade term conditions, promotional plan, service plan and budget
- Utilize shopper data insights to strategically advise Global Brands team and Travel Retail HQ to develop an integrated brand investment strategy with relevant product development, brand campaigns and content adaptations for target shoppers.
- Coach and develop team members within the business unit.
- Manage a team to ensure effective execution of the defined business plan.
- Identify risks as defined by Internal Audit and ensure all action plans agreed are implemented either to eliminate or to minimize them.
- Monitor brand investments, sell through, cost of goods through Finance for all brands and travel exclusives.
Function skills : sales ( sales to travel retail ) general management ( GM marketing/sale route )
Product skills : beauty ( make up - perfume )
Product category : Middle-market / High-end
Business sectors : manufacturer ( beauty ) distribution / retail ( travel retail & duty free )
- You have a minimum of 15 years of total working experience including at least 5 years of experience in a regional Sales and Marketing Director position with a brand principal in the Travel Retail Channel
- You have more than 10 years experience and expertise in the luxury Perfume and Cosmetic Industry and sound understanding of the trade/channel with established client networks
- You must have in-depth knowledge of the APAC region on how to capture the hearts and minds of travellers, especially the strategic pool of PRC shoppers
- You combine strong analytical, negotiation skills, natural business drive and acumen together with a solid understanding of margins, experience in managing P&Ls and budgeting
- You have natural cross functional leadership skills and proven track records in building and developing high performance teams which contribute to the organization in the long-term via talent development and nurturing people potential
- You have excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills combined with team player attitude to create cooperation within TR team but also across shared service functions, other Asia business teams (distribution, JVs) and HQ
- You are fluent in English. Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus not a must.
- You are willing to travel a minimum of 40% of your time.
Experience years : above 15
Language skills : english (business proficient)