APAC Accounting Assistant Manager (based in Hong kong)
Vestiairecollective.com is the leading global resale site for premium and luxury pre-owned fashion. Encouraging consumers to join the circular economy as the sustainable alternative to fast-fashion, the platform is unique due to its carefully curated catalogue of over 600,000 desirable items. Once sold, pieces are expertly checked for quality and authenticity.
Launched in Paris in October 2009, Vestiairecollective.com has over 7 million fashion savvy members, across 50 countries worldwide with offices in Paris, London, New York, Milan, Berlin and Hong Kong.
Today, Asia has become a strategic region for Vestiaire Collective. Therefore, to support their steady development in APAC, they are opening a new positioning of APAC Accounting Assistant Manager (based in Hong Kong), to ultimately support the Group accounting team based in Paris Headquarter.
- Based in : Hong Kong / Hong Kong
- Contract : 06/2019 - permanent
Reporting directly to the Corporate Financial Controller (based in France), you will be responsible for A/P accounting and relationship management with banks / external stakeholders, across the region (key markets: Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia).
Your key duties are:
• Manage the supplier invoices’ process from booking to weekly payment made by Paris HQ Accounting team, leveraging their dematerialized Procure to Pay on-line tool, Yooz (monthly average of 100 invoices)
• Be the key contact for internal and external stakeholders’ requests, leveraging their online ticketing system (Jira)
• Manage potential payment issues from end – to – end (names’ differences between the invoice and the bank account, currency issues, etc.)
• Support the Accounting team in Paris HQ, in the preparation of the monthly financial statements (balance sheet reconciliations, A/P aging analysis, etc.)
Function skills : administrative ( finance - accountant )
Product skills : fashion accessories ( fine jewelery - watches - small leather goods, belts - shoes - handbags, travel bags ) fashion textile ( men - women )
Product category : Luxury
Business sectors : distribution / retail ( e-commerce )
• 5 years’ experience in accounting management, ideally in a subsidiary with strong connection with the HQ accounting team, with a western management
• Trustworthy, meticulous, committed with a positive and problem-solving attitude
• Autonomous and thrive to work with a remote management
• Good acumen with figures, detailed-oriented and literate in using accounting system as well as Excel
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in English. French is a strong plus
Experience years : 5 to 10
Language skills : english (business proficient)