Founded in 1984, TFWA is the world's biggest duty free and travel retail association, providing the global industry with high-quality exhibitions, acclaimed conferences and workshops, and in-depth market research.
TFWA is instrumental in forging close relationships between suppliers and operators, and plays a vital role in representing the interests of its members and the industry as a whole. TFWA’s commitment to the duty free and travel retail industry is summarized by its motto – ‘by the trade for the trade’.
As a non-profit-making organisation - and with a membership of over 500 companies including some of the world’s best-known brands and suppliers of premium goods – TFWA’s range of products and services are focused purely on delivering value to the industry. TFWA’s mission : • encourage closer links between manufacturers and retailers world-wide, in order to facilitate growth of the duty free and travel retail industry • provide the industry with high-quality exhibitions, conferences and workshops, • in-depth market research, • provide a forum to forge relationships between suppliers and operators and try to support our members and the industry as a whole.
we are now looking for our Managing Director
(based in Paris).
- Based in : Paris 8e / France - PARIS REGION
- Contract : 10/2023 - permanent
reporting to the President and the management board :
- you direct and control the Association's operations to ensure that the TFWA mission and objectives are met.
- you lead the development and execution of TFWA's long and short term strategy goals
- you are responsible for maintaining positive relations with business partners, and authorities, and are further interfacing with other trade associations, suppliers of services to TFWA, Government officials as well as exhibition site owners.
- you provide leadership for the Association's staff in achieving operational and financial goals
- you ensure the successful organisation of shows, events and conferences within the Association quality standard
- you are responsible for the Association's HR, finance, IT, budget and P&L
Function skills : general management ( GM marketing/sale route )
Product skills : other products and services ( services not related to products ) mass market products ( tobacco ) wine & spirits ( all wine & spirits ) fashion accessories ( all fashion accessories ) fashion textile ( all fashion textile ) beauty ( all beauty products )
Product category : Luxury
Business sectors : services & others ( media & communication - PR / promo / marketing )
- you have a proven track record in managing a successful international business unit in the premium / luxury goods / brands industry preferably in a large company
- knowledge of the duty free and travel retail industry from a brand perspective would be ideal. This could possibly be combined with a previous role in- or knowledge of - e.g. event management including an exhibition and/or conference role
- you are familiar with the luxury goods industry's global distribution networks and possibly understanding, knowledge and relationship with key retailers/operators
- you have excellent management and team building skills
- you have acute time management skills and ability to work under pressure to ensure successful delivery of all events
- you are used to work a multicultural environment and are bilingual in English and French
Experience years : above 15
Language skills : english (business proficient) - french (business proficient)
Degree level reached : 3 years of graduate edu