APAC Sales Director - EVE LOM Skincare, Lipstick Queen, Kevyn Aucoin Beauty (HK based)
Founded in 2001 by one the world leading fashion retail families and headquartered in Europe, Manzanita Capital (ww.manzanitacapital.com) concentrates its investments in branded luxury companies in beauty and retail including Diptyque, Byredo, and Malin&Goetz. SpaceNK among others.
Space Brands Ltd is a division within the Manzanita Capital group that manages a dedicated portfolio of fast growth potential niche beauty brands (EVE LOM, Lipstick Queen and Kevyn Aucoin beauty) with their main offices between London and New York.
Space Brands Ltd has decided to boost and strengthen its Asia presence by hiring a high caliber candidate for their newly created role of APAC SALES DIRECTOR to be based in Hong Kong (office of Manzanita).
- Based in : Hong Kong / Hong Kong
- Contract : 01/2019 - permanent
Reporting directly to the International Sales Director EMEA & APAC, you are the first key pillar for the establishment of Space Brands commercial Asia platform and responsible for driving sales while building the brand equity (market share, awareness, positioning) for each of the 3 brands to meet their ambitious budgeted sales business plan to:
• Partner with distributors and develop the domestic channel in the following markets: HK, China, Korea, Taiwan Japan, South East Asia, Australia
• Open and grow the travel retail channel with key duty free operators and airlines
In charge of the APAC P&L you manage:
o Manage, develop existing accounts/distributors and establish close working relationship with local Manzanita affiliates in China/HK according to brand strategies as well as expand and recommend new business opportunities
o Prepare and execute expansion plan across the region in new territories/markets/channels
o Work closely with NY based Operations teams and local distributors marketing teams to ensure timely implementation of marketing programs and ensure correct product mix and assortment are available for each market.
o Conduct needed market & competition intelligence studies.
o Work together and challenge affiliates/distributors on sales and A&P budgets.
o Work with International Sales Director and Finance teams in London/NY on annual/quarterly sales and contribution reviews.
o Provide regular and ad hoc reporting on regional activities.
o Coordinate with Director of Training/Events to ensure local trainers and Beauty Advisors are kept up to date on product knowledge.
o Negotiates product selection and ensure correct product mix and full assortments to keep stock level healthy for all accounts.
o Work closely with London based Operations teams on forecast/OOS call outs etc.
o Advise on suspected diversion of products.
Function skills : sales ( sales to key accounts - sales to travel retail - export sales to agent / importer / distributor - sales to retailers )
Product skills : beauty ( make up - perfume - skin care )
Product category : Middle-market / High-end
Business sectors : manufacturer ( beauty )
• You have a minimum 10 years working experience in business development, sales management, brand management related functions with solid knowledge in either or both wholesale and / or Travel Retail channels.
• You have experience working for international companies specialised in selective distribution of premium, luxury or niche goods (preferably in cosmetics and beauty). Experience with other categories such as Fashion Accessories…will also be considered.
• You have relevant and solid regional Asia experience and exposure with updated knowledge of distribution channels.
• You have a true entrepreneurial spirit combined with high a solid strategic mindset and natural hands on approach. You are truly excited to join a start-up minded organisation supported by a group and you are driven by the ambition to grow a sizeable business and operation in Asia over the coming years.
• You are autonomous and thrive working with remote management.
• You have solid communication and presentation to drive and influences multi-party relationships (internal teams, distributors, retailers)
• You are fluent in English. Fluency in Mandarin is a strong plus
• You are willing to travel up to 50% of your time.
Experience years : 10 to 15
Language skills : english (business proficient)