R&D & INNOVATION PROJECT MANAGER
Founded by Monica Kylén and Mats Johansson in 2009, L:A BRUKET is a natural & organic skincare brand made on the west coast of Sweden with a simple philosophy: innovation driven by nature, not chemicals.(see www.labruket.com)
Its unique concept positioning has already reached a worldwide recognition with boutique presence in Sweden, France, Germany, as well as international luxury destinations such as Liberty and Galeries Lafayette Champs Elysées.
Originating from the coastal city of Varberg, with over 200 years of spa traditions, the brand now has additional offices in London and Paris, and has recently signed a strategic partnership with the French premium investment fund Experienced Capital Partners.
L:A BRUKET is now strengthening its organization with a position as R&D Beauty Project Manager based at the Paris office.
- Based in : Paris 1er / France - PARIS REGION
- Contract : 02/2021 - permanent - 70-75K€
As a R&D Beauty Project Manager, you will be working on managing and improving the current catalogue, as well as developing new products within all our categories (face, hair, body, hand, home)
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
- Work in close cooperation and in project teams with marketing, production and creative department, including our founders
- Proactively contribute to the construction of the product launch plan with the marketing and creative teams with new product ideas and relevant ingredients according to our innovation framework, consumer insights, trends and international cosmetic regulatory directives.
- Technical management of development projects according to a New Product Development Process to put in place
- Be the person responsible for product development brief
- Be the contact person to subcontractors, raw-material suppliers
- Be the person responsible for handling all the production process coordination, including the development tests, as safety, compatibility etc
- Be the person responsible for the scientific and legal communication.
- Manage / Write the technical documents and the product launch technical info pack
- Make sure that all necessary documentation and registrations for the products are in place on all markets and that updates are made and followed
- Be the internal beauty and skin care expert, to drive innovation, be updated on trends within the niche, to define the communication regarding product benefits
WHO YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
As a central and strategic position within the organization, you will work with all departments and especially with the creative management, as well as marketing and purchase, under the direct supervision of the deputy general manager
Function skills : marketing ( international product development marketing ) industrial & technical ( packaging engineering - chemical engineering / formulation - R&D )
Product skills : beauty ( skin care )
Product category : Luxury
Business sectors : manufacturer ( beauty )
- you have a University degree in Natural Sciences e.g. Chemistry, Biology or related fields, Chemical Engineer or Master of Science preferable with PhD – double degree with Business School is a plus
- you have a minimum 5 years of successful professional experience in product development of cosmetic products, preferably face products
- you have scientific knowledge in Cosmetic Chemistry
- you are fluent in English. This language will be your daily working tool
- you are creative with strong analytical and project management skills
- you have a high level of ambition and initiative, entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to go the extra-mile
- you are consumer centric thinking and high affinity to, beauty, trends, cosmetics
- you are a strong team player with excellent communication skills
OTHER ADVANTAGEOUS SKILLS
- an already-proven experience developing Cosmos-certified products is a plus as well as experience of working with natural and organic ingredients and formulas.
- you are someone who’s highly motivated and likes to get things done.
- you are structured and well organized
- you like to drive processes forward
- you are used to working independently but you should also be a good team player
Experience years : 5 to 10
Language skills : english (business proficient)
Degree level reached : 3 years of graduate edu