Travel Retail Manager
JIM THOMPSON is the first global Asian lifestyle brand covering fashion, home furnishing, hospitality and art.
JIM THOMPSON products are distributed in 22 doors in Thailand. Other regional POS have been closed during covid and now a new ambitious development plan has ben launched to reinforce business in Thailand and build up again a regional presence.
To help reach its growth ambition, JIM THOMPSON core business unit, Fashion, is now looking for his / her
TRAVEL RETAIL MANAGER
(position based in Bangkok)
- Based in : Bangkok / Thailand
- Contract : 12/2023 - permanent
Reporting to the CCO, you are in charge of JIM THOMPSON fashion business in Travel Retail. More specifically, your missions are the following :
- Manage the existing 3 King Power TR doors in Thailand and develop the business to at least 10 doors in Thailand and Asian region by end of 2024.
- Define and manage your Travel Retail budget and P&L : sellout, sellin, margin, investments, profit.
- Build and maintain long-term mutually profitable relationships with your clients.
- Ensure all merchandise is correctly priced and properly displayed in line with the merchandise guidelines.
- Make sure that all stores fixtures and fittings are always maintained at the highest standard.
- Recruit, train, develop, supervise, appraise and motivate staff to ensure best-in-class customer retail experience.
- Work closely with marketing, merchandise and design to create and implement initiatives to attract new customers, increase traffic and improve store profitability.
- Coordinate with landlords the development and implementation of retail marketing initiatives to drive customer traffic to the stores.
Function skills : sales ( sales to travel retail )
Product skills : fashion accessories ( silk, printed textile (scarves, ties, etc.) ) fashion textile ( men - women )
Product category : Middle-market / High-end
Business sectors : manufacturer ( fashion, textile & apparel )
- You have a previous significant experience in Travel Retail, whatever the category, whatever the region.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You know and like to work with great autonomy and be at the same time a real Team partner.
- You have experience in retail management.
- You are fluent in English; Thai is a real plus.
- You are already living in Bangkok or ready to relocate.
Experience years : 2 to 5
Language skills : english (business proficient)