Key Account & Travel Retail Assistant Manager / Manager (depending on seniority)
De Rigo is a worldwide leader in the design, production and distribution of high-end eyewear. Created in Italy and established in 1978. In about 80 countries of the world, especially in Europe, Asia and America, this celebrated company distributes its products through its own brands of Police, Sting and Lozza, as well as the desirable licensed brands of Blumarine, Carolina Herrera, Chopard, Dunhill, Escada, Furla, Lanvin, Loewe, Momo Design, Nina Ricci, Tous, Trussardi, Zadig & Voltaire.
In Asia, De Rigo through his local subsidiaries is present in 10 Markets, with over 180 doors.
They are looking for a candidate for the role of Key Account & Travel Retail Assistant Manager / Manager (according to seniority) to look after 2 key distribution channels ( Key Accounts (60%) and Travel Retail (40%)) and in charge of a combined P&L of around 2-3 M USD sell in and growing.
- Based in : Hong Kong / Hong Kong
- Contract : 01/2019 - permanent - HK$440,000 to HK$550,000
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales APAC, you are responsible to meet the targeted sales budget by driving the development of sales and ensuring a brand equity of your brands portfolio (visibility, awareness, positioning).
1) Markets and channels:
• Travel Retail: main focus on China, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand, Australia… with key operators (Dufry, DFS, Ever Rich, King Power…)
• Key Accounts (domestics): main focus on Thailand, Singapore Malaysia, Indonesia via 4-5 key Accounts (large multi brand retail chains) representing today about 150+ POS
2) Sales and business development:
• You will build and nurture solid relationship with buying or brand management teams of key TR operators, Domestic Distributors wholesaling to Key Accounts or Key accounts team themselves
• Identify and convert new business opportunities with existing or new partners in the Region
• Prepare and negotiate commercial terms and new openings with operators and KA and the close support of your management
• Analyze sales performance and KPIs: sell-in/sell-out/rankings/Market Share
• Control stock levels and forecasts sales according to business seasonality in coordination with Operations/Supply chain/Marketing departments
• Propose and negotiate products assortment selections as well as new launch quantities
• Implement commercial action plans to drive sales (incentives, events, animations, local actions)
• Training POS manager on product knowledge and selling tips
• Implement the Freedom project that aims to improve the customers' assortment quality and store performance
3) Marketing & Communication:
• In collaboration with the Marketing team, define, propose and implement the trade marketing action plan for each market/location to better address clients’ needs and achieve commercial efficiency: assortment optimization, pricing, animation plans
• Provide Marketing with relevant feedback on product development needs and marketing tools
Function skills : sales ( sales to key accounts - sales to travel retail )
Product skills : fashion accessories ( handbags, travel bags - shoes - small leather goods, belts - silk, printed textile (scarves, ties, etc.) - watches - pencils, lighters - eye glasses - fine jewelery )
Product category : Middle-market / High-end
Business sectors : manufacturer ( fashion, textile & apparel )
• You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of total working experience in sales or commercial related functions including 1-2 years in Travel retail channel (strongly preferred) for international organizations
• You have proven experience in business development and key account management with semi or regional exposure (either Greater China, South East Asia)
• You have knowledge or a strong interest in distributing premium consumer goods or lifestyle, affordable luxury goods
• You are self-motivated, autonomous, able to work in a compact team, remote reporting, and eager to show you have the capacity and ambition to take ownership of a P&L and brands portfolio and grow it.
• You have an outstanding communication and negotiation skills to influence partners.
• You are fluent in English and Mandarin.
• You are comfortable travelling at least 40% of your time.
Experience years : 2 to 5
Language skills : chinese - mandarin (business proficient) - english (business proficient)