SVP Business Development & Licenses - COTY Luxury Division
Coty is a world leading beauty company creating and distributing cosmetic, skincare, fragrances, hair color and styling brands.
Coty is a consumer-centric company catering for all consumer needs through its Luxury, Consumer and Professional Divisions
Coty Luxury portfolio includes world renowned brands such as Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein, Chloé, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Tiffany & Co, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Alexander Mc Queen, Davidoff, Burberry and Miu Miu, as well as Lancaster and Philosophy skin care brands. The recent acquisition of Kylie Jenner and more new brands to come are paving the way to growth and leadership in the beauty industry.
To strengthen its top management team and accompany its growth ambitions, Coty Luxury is recruiting for the newly-created position of
SVP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & LICENSES
Position based in Paris.
- Based in : Paris / France - PARIS REGION
- Contract : 03/2020 - permanent
Reporting directly to the President Luxury Division, the SVP Business Development & Licenses is, within the Group matricial organization, at the crossroads of Brands, Markets, Supply, Finance, to ensure the best possible consolidated Go To Market of all Brands across all regions / markets in line with the Group objectives, priorities and strategies. More specifically, he/she
- Ensures “glocal” relevancy in all markets : Brands global strategies adapted locally whenever relevant
- Works closely with Brands teams to propose specific relevant products/events/plans and to execute the marketing calendars in the best locally adapted ways
Brands / Licences
- Works with countries in identifying growth opportunities in line with Brands and Markets / Regional Strategies.
- Promotes and protects global Brands identities and cultures. Ensures that Global Brands images and positions are properly maintained in the markets.
- Ensures consistency of implementation across regions with regards to pricing, product assortment, marketing calendar, and advertising & promotions investments strategies
- Ensures coherence between licensor image & priorities and the Group qualitative and quantitative objectives with an obsession for the best compromise possible.
- Ensures Global Brands strategies are consistently executed in alignment with global Brands objectives and strategies.
- Leads by example and promotes a culture based on trust, agility and simplification to ensure that the right performance-driven attitude is shared within the regions & affiliates Brands teams.
- Works closely with Brands and Markets to develop and ensures execution of the distribution strategy in the markets.
- Oversees the in-store execution and checks KPI and productivity
- Builds regional trade marketing strategy with key pan regions retailers when applicable, together with markets
- Ensures, although not directly responsible, that the Brands P&Ls are delivered across regions / countries in alignment with Global Brands and Regional strategies.
- Advises President Luxury division of any possible risks to the business and proposes corrective action plan to mitigate.
Key Business Processes
- Transformational Initiatives
o supports business transformation of the new Coty group and ensures the teams act according to the new strategy and to the company agility & operational excellence principles.
o ensures the Brands teams are aligned behind the Brands and company priorities and strategy.
- Collaborates with all parties to make sure consolidated key actions are properly executed, ensures the markets are aligned behind the targets on forecast accuracy, excess management and inventory as well as other consolidated derived targets.
- Participates in corporate, multi-branded projects as assigned.
- Facilitates intra-regional as well as Markets to Brands & Brands to Markets communication and sharing of best practices.
New business opportunities
- Understands markets dynamics & brands sell thru trends across regions
- Works with the countries and regional marketing team in identifying new business opportunities in markets, subcategories, new clients & channels and new customers acquisition.
Leads and Develop People
- Manages a team of 4 VP Regional Marketing based in each region and a team of 5 “Category Managers” based in Paris.
- Works with Human Resources and Brands VPs to contribute to attracting & developing the highest caliber executives.
- Identifies Brands training needs and ensures they are addressed.
- Leads by example and embodies the values and principles of the brands and the Group.
- Establishes high workplace operating standards and values
Function skills : general management ( GM marketing/sale route )
Product skills : beauty ( skin care - make up - perfume )
Product category : Luxury
Business sectors : manufacturer ( beauty )
- Minimum 15 years experience ideally in a similar position
- Commercial background in multi-brands perfumes & cosmetics environment as Senior Regional, Export, Country, Travel Retail management
- Experience in Brands Management, including responsibility on P&L delivery.
- Skilled on operational marketing, media management, digital & e-commerce.
- Ability to work in diverse and multicultural environments.
- Strong appetence for managing complexity with a systemic approach to solving problems, achieving targets and leading people / teams towards high performance
- Expert in driving change across markets, departments and/or industries.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and aptitude to resolve conflict.
- Operates with entrepreneurial spirit, autonomy, responsibility, assertiveness to confront / arbitrate people and situations and to challenge status quo.
- Strong markets and Industry know-how
- Intensive travelling
Experience years : 10 to 15
Language skills : english (business proficient)
Degree level reached : 3 years of graduate edu