Chief Sales Officer
Created by MR.W in 2016, a talented creative director, our client is an unbounded affordable luxury fashion brand with iconic style and attitude. Today our client is recognized by Italian National fashion association (CNMI) and officially invited to Milan fashion week.
Our client is facing an important period to step ahead as a global luxury brand to expand its retail network in Asia (China is one of its priority business development market) and Europe, and is expecting to open around 8 flagship stores in some key locations in China within the coming years to deliver an ambitious growth plan for their own brands retail network both men’s and women’s RTW.
Our Client is searching for a seasoned Chief sales Officer to build company retail structure & culture to meet and deliver the goals of their ambitious commercial expansion plan.
- Based in : Shanghai / China - Shanghai
- Contract : 08/2019 - permanent
Reporting to the CEO & founder(based in Shanghai), you will set up and represent the newly created company retail structure & culture, develop the brand's own retail concept with new store openings in China. Acting as company retail expert, you will bring the right combination of best retail operation practice, business development, hands-on, entrepreneurial attitude, as well as strategic mindset and business acumen to:
- Retail store Development- Expand Ambitiously retail stores.
• Develop & implement the retail expansion strategy by establishing strong relationship with targeted shopping mall’s landlords helping in new site identification, selection and negotiation along with senior management.
• Develop and implement profitable sales growth plans and achieve sales budget.
- Retail Organizational design and development
• Recruit and build an engaged and passionate retail team with start-up mindset (recruitment and development) and drive team to meet sales target and business development objectives.
• Develop and implement processes for performance measurement and rewards for the retail organization.
• Provide motivation and leadership to retail team.
- Retail Operation management.
• Oversee team of in-store daily retail operations, responsible for executing company retail policies and procedures (store open/close, cash management, store maintenance, product supply request, inventory, IT. merchandising…) to facilitate store operations with minimal disruption to the business.
• Ensure suitable resources allocation for daily retail operation needs (people, product, pricing, promotion, training…) with company strategic and retail operating plan, to achieve target.
- Build company Retail culture and create efficient cross-department communication
• Collaborate with other key managers (Marketing, Merchandising, Finance, HR, logistic etc.) to formulate and implement retail development plans.
• Coordination of sales and cross-functional efforts to ensure proper focus on brand equity.
Function skills : general management ( GM marketing/sale route )
Product skills : fashion textile ( women - men ) fashion accessories ( small leather goods, belts - shoes - handbags, travel bags )
Product category : Middle-market / High-end
Business sectors : manufacturer ( fashion, textile & apparel )
• You have at least 10 years of total experience in luxury retail related functions, including a minimum of 5 years at national level with experience in premium, lifestyle, luxury fashion industry in an international working environment.
• Strong retail business acumen and proven successful track records in business development, creating retail team, managing and optimizing direct retail operations and identifying business opportunities and growing sales (both own retail and wholesale).
• Good interpersonal and communication & leadership skills, ability to:
o Enroll, motivate and develop retail sales professionals.
o Work closely with other internal functions (Marketing, Merchandising, Finance, HR, logistic etc.) to ensure retail operations are seamlessly integrated.
o Coordinate inside the organization as a team player.
o Existing landlord network to expand brand retail network with brand equity in mind.
• Mature, autonomous, result driven, analytic, flexible, highly organized with entrepreneur mindset and drive for retail implementation and execution excellence.
• Fluency in Mandarin and English are a must.
Experience years : 10 to 15
Language skills : english (business proficient) - chinese - mandarin (business proficient)