Safilo is the fully integrated Italian eyewear creator and worldwide distributor of quality and trust, leader in the premium sector for sunglasses, optical frames and sports eyewear. Design inspired and brand driven, Safilo translates extraordinary design into excellent products created thanks to a superior craftsmanship expertise dating back to 1878.
Safilo’s portfolio encompasses proprietary brands (Carrera, Polaroid, Smith, Safilo and Oxydo) and licensed brands (Dior, Fendi, Bobbi Brown, BOSS, Elie Saab, Fossil, Givenchy, Havaianas, Kate Spade New York, Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfiger, etc.)
With an extensive wholly owned global distribution network in 40 countries, Safilo is committed to quality distribution of its products in nearly 100.000 selected stores all around the world.
Today, to support their double digit growth in Travel Retail channel, Safilo is searching for a highly driven candidate for the role of Travel Retail Trade Marketing Manager Asia (based in Hong Kong).
Reporting operationally to the Head of Global Travel Retail (based in Hong Kong) and functionally to the Trade Marketing Senior Manager Global Channels, you will be responsible for:
• Driving, executing and coordinating all Trade Marketing activities for the brands' portfolio in Travel Retail channel in Asia, liaising with Key Travel Retail operators (DFS, King Power, Lotte, Shilla, CDFG, etc.).
• Increasing and elevating the visibility of the brands, to ultimately ensure the growth of the company's results in Travel Retail.
Your key duties are:
• Define, deploy and execute the regional Trade Marketing strategy of the brands' portfolio.
• Monitor and allocate the Marketing budget resources by brand and by client based on targets and opportunities, perform monthly Marketing expenses reports, analyze the ROI of key marketing initiatives by defining and measuring relevant KPIs.
• Develop and implement products and brand launches, marketing campaigns, trade events, press events, roadshows, customer activations to build consumer engagement as well as increase product demand and sales.
• Plan and execute retail marketing visual merchandising solutions, window display projects, permanent fixtures, incentive programs and other in-store initiatives.
• Work with Key Accounts to develop commercial and actionable in-store solutions according to the brand guidelines and campaigns, as well as the sales and distribution target.
• Forecast, order and inventory the POP materials, seasonal visuals, promotion gifts, and ensure effective allocation to the stores.
• Liaise with the suppliers to develop, implement and produce all Trade Marketing materials to increase brands' visibility.
• Manage a Trade Marketing coordinator.
• Deliver highly effective brand and product training to internal and external stakeholders
• Carry-out regular market research and competitors’ analysis (trends, pricing, new products, in-store activities, etc.)
Function skills : marketing ( international operational marketing - trade marketer )
Product skills : fashion accessories ( eye glasses )
Product category : Middle-market / High-end
Business sectors : manufacturer ( fashion, textile & apparel ) distribution / retail ( travel retail & duty free )
• Minimum 5 years experience including at least 3 years of relevant experience working in Trade Marketing / Retail Marketing related functions, for international companies specialized in lifestyle, premium, luxury goods (beauty, fashion accessories, wines&spirits, FMCG, etc.).
• Semi regional or regional proven experience with exposure to Travel Retail (ideal) or other selective domestic channels.
• Energetic, autonomous and able to work under pressure in a fast pace environment.
• Strong business acumen and analytical mindset combined with an organized and hands-on approach, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Creative, innovative marketer with strong digital savviness and ability to make things happen.
• Positive attitude, pro-active, open-minded and self-motivated.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluent in English, Mandarin. Korean is a plus.
• Flexibility and availability to travel (>50%).
Experience years : 5 to 10
Language skills : english (business proficient)