Quality and Fit Manager Asia (Based in Hong Kong)
Aigle (www.aigle.com) is a French Outdoor Lifestyle company founded in 1853 that offers essential, contemporary products for men, women and children. Their efforts focus on the use of innovative design, materials and production techniques in the development of durable, functional, fashionable clothing, shoes and boots. The Asia Collection covers a wide range from technical products (waterproof jackets, UV control products, down products) to commodities (polar fleece, shirts, T-shirts) and accessories.
In Asia for over 20 years with a footprint of more than 300 points of sales, the fast-growing Asia region already represents over 40% of the company sales.
Today, our fast-developing buying structure (based in Hong Kong) is looking fora high caliber profile for the key position of Quality and fit Manager Asia with a strategic focus on a pool of around 20 suppliers currently located in China and Vietnam.
- Basé à : Hong Kong / Hong Kong
- Contrat : 05/2019 - CDI
Reporting functionally and directly to the Global Quality Manager (based at HQ in France), you are responsible for developing and managing all aspects of the suppliers' quality systems, including incoming raw material inspections, quality system audits, specification development, new supplier selection and initiation. You act as a gatekeeper in guaranteeing the quality and conformity of the Asia Collection to meet the global brand quality standards and high expectations from demanding markets like Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, etc. by:
• Defining the supplier quality assurance strategy to apply every season in agreement with Global Quality Manager and devising and implementing proper actions to reduce quality risk.
• Managing the performance of suppliers (rank 2, rank 1 and third party)
- establish fair quality policy,
- ensure accountability of QC team (2 senior local QC + 3rd party lab for in-line and final QC) for following the standard procedures set in
the Group QA system,
- proceed to seasonal ranking,
- decide Corrective Action Plan (CAP) in collaboration with purchasing and supply chain teams.
• Driving, monitoring and challenging QC team to thrive for continuous improvement (Work in Progress/Deadlines/Results)
• Coordinating technical/quality expertise in collaboration with all internal teams (sourcing, product development, buying, etc.) and suppliers.
• Following the development of the collection and securing the quality by performing risk assessment, controlling Pre-Production Sample, managing the Pre-Production meeting and in-line process, supervising laboratory review.
• Collaborating with Customer Service Department and with other functions to identify root causes to quality issues and provide support in developing solutions and train QC team.
• Acting as a source of inspiration for suppliers, teammates and colleagues to think and breathe "Quality" and bringing an educational approach of it.
You are also responsible of the fitting department by :
• Managing a team of 3 fitting technicians
• Following the development stage from 1st prototype to size set
• Setting-up tracking tool for ensuring treatment of samples in time
• Setting-up new methods to secure and simplify the process (product block, simplified measurement)
Fonctions : industrie & technique ( process & méthode - qualité - fabrication / production ) marketing ( sourcing / achats de produits finis - sourcing / achats de matières premières ) créatif ( modéliste / patronnier )
Produits : mode/textile ( femme - homme - enfant - sportswear - maille )
Catégorie de produit : Moyen/Haut de gamme
Secteur d'activité : retail / distribution ( agent / importateur / distributeur - trading - réseau / chaîne de magasin en propre ) industrie - fabricant ( mode, accessoire et textile - sous traitants de la mode et textile )
• Minimum 8 years of total work experience in quality management related functions including 3 years with team management for the garment industry in China, South Asia, South East Asia.
• Solid knowledge of raw materials, fabrics and lab know how.
• Exposure to clothing product including woven & knit ideally in Outdoor, or fashion lifestyle, leisure or athletic.
• Proven experience in devising and implementing SOP, combined with experience in QA metrics implementation (defect profiles, performance to entry/exit criteria.
• Understand market expectations like clean output, perfect workmanship, high durability of fabric, severe compliance requirement
• Fluent in English - proficiency in Mandarin and/or French is a plus.
• Able to travel 40%
Personality and attitudes:
• Persistent and tenacious, constantly seeking long term and optimized solutions to improve Quality.
• Display natural assertiveness, non-compromising attitude when it comes to excellence and quality issues, accountability for yourself and others (suppliers, teams, colleagues), combined with diplomatic communication skills.
• Natural drive, passion and curiosity on topic related to textiles, fabrics, high quality and manufacturing standards & processes, constant eagerness to learn.
• Excited to join a team where your hands-on approach, flexibility, technical expertise, entrepreneur mindset will be a strong asset.
Années d'expériences : 10 à 15
Langue : anglais (usage professionnel)