Marketing and Communication Manager Singapore & Malaysia
Longchamp (www.longchamp.com) is a French luxury leather goods company, founded in Paris in 1948 by Jean Cassegrain,and still owned and managed by the family.
With more than 50 years of heritage, craftsmanship and well acknowledged worldwide for their innovative "le Pliage" practical yet stylish foldable bag,
The company today designs and manufactures a wide range of luxury goods including leather and canvas handbags, luggage, shoes, travel items, fashion accessories, and a line of "ready-to-wear" women's designer clothing.
The brand is present all over the world within 80 countries and 1,500 retail outlets with a strong history in Asia.
Today Longchamp is looking for a high caliber candidate for the role of Marketing and Communications Manager (based in Singapore) to oversee the day-to-day marketing activities for Singapore and Malaysia.
- Based in : Singapore / Singapore
- Contract : 05/2019 - permanent
Working closely with the GM of Singapore & Malaysia (based in Singapore) and the Marketing Global team (based in France).
You will be ultimately responsible for
- enhancing the brand image and awareness and successfully market the products
- positioning the brand as the luxury category, strengthening the brand equity and ultimately increasing the sales
You will have 1 direct report (1 marketing executive in Singapore) and you will coordinate with the Marketing Manager in Malaysia to align both markets.
You main duties are:
Above The Line
• Lead PR activities in close cooperation with preferred PR agencies and media, ensuring quality press and events (product launches, events)
• Build strong relationships with publishers, editors, influencers, media vendors in the luxury sector to obtain optimal exposure and service level
Below The Line
• Develop creative local brand strategies and marketing plans, leveraging on the digital tools
• Implement effective marketing activities and tools (Advertising, PR & Event, CRM) to support internal teams to meet sales objectives
Budget, Reporting & Communication
• Manage and control marketing budget and expenses
• Measure the effectiveness of marketing activities (ROI), understand consumers and market habits, to share relevant learning and insight with Global teams and ultimately increase the effectiveness of local marketing activities
Function skills : marketing ( local brand management - international operational marketing - community management - digital marketing - CRM - trade marketer - promotion & animation - advertising - communication ) communication ( advertising - press relations - public relations & events )
Product skills : fashion accessories ( silk, printed textile (scarves, ties, etc.) - small leather goods, belts - shoes - handbags, travel bags ) fashion textile ( women )
Product category : Luxury
Business sectors : manufacturer ( fashion, textile & apparel )
- You have a minimum of 10 years of total working experience in marketing and communications functions with a minimum of 5 years focus on Singapore and/or Malaysia market including established relationships with media/press network.
- You have relevant experience working for the premium/luxury good sector (branded goods, beauty…). Open to candidates from PR agencies.
- You have demonstrated strong organizing, planning and execution skills.
- You are able to work independently as well as in team.
- You are pro-active, detail oriented and you enjoy working in a small environment.
- You have experience working in multi-cultural and global organizations with a matrix structure.
-You are a solid communicator combining self-awareness, patience and tenacity and trust building relationship abilities across all management level
-You are a passionate marketer, constantly seek new innovative, differentiating, futuristic ideas and initiatives when it comes to retail operational marketing and client experiences
- You have excellent command of spoken and written English.(good at copy writing) Fluency in French will be a plus
Experience years : 5 to 10
Language skills : english (business proficient)